Saturday, September 20, 2008

Friday at Zara

I start to wonder if I keep writing about the shopping experience; will people start to think I like shopping. Which is actually true but I don’t do this all the time in Shanghai. It is not only because of the e-marketing project and weather is getting cold; I am in Vancouver for a short period of time only and price here is actually better. Brand name products are expensive due to high import tax or basically because consumers in China are willing to pay for higher price for international brand name products.

Anyway, finally I was able to go to Zara today before it close for the day. I don’t understand why some stores in Vancouver close so early. In Shanghai, most stores close at 10 PM. When I left the store, Robson street was crowded with people and most of the store were closed. I guess it is Friday night for action. I don’t know where people were going but I was going home.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Zara is a Spanish brand and very popular worldwide for its stylish design and affordable price. The website was in Spanish only and still showing summer collection. I had hard time using the website because of the language issue at the first visit. Then I find the bottom to change to English. I just concluded it was not user friendly before I find that language bottom. I don’t think the website offer online shopping. It basically serves as an information center but not keep updated because the website is still showing spring and summer collection. Therefore a lot of work will need to be done to connect the online and offline business.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are doing the case of "Zara" this week. Hopefully you could give me more input about your shopping experience in Zara.

Newvalleygirl said...

Don't know about the Zara case. I just realized that it always feels like there is sales going on at Zara and there is always big line up to check out. I think it is just good price for stylish fashion.

Newvalleygirl said...

News: Zara is on the Best Global Brand 2008 by Interbrand...