Friday, September 19, 2008

A/X

It was just one of the afternoons; I was too tired from study so decided to visit a store. And now I have a good excuse because the e-marketing project.

I visited Armani Exchange and the overall experience was friendly and comfortable. Then I notice the little card "Be the first in Canada" and realized they send out text messages to customer for updates like special event, special offers and new arrivals. That is the feature that I was telling my team about how the business in China utilized the mobile technology. I guess some business in Canada is doing the same too.

A/X also provides email to customers by register on their website. I am assuming it is for US first because the website is located in US. TO find out whether it serves Canadian online, I check the shipping policy. That is what I normally do when check out the online store. It is important to know the shipping and return policy before spending a lot of time searching but would be great disappointed if they don't ship to where you are. A/X accept online purchase return in store and that is a good option when shop online. I still remember when online store started to set up back in early 2000 and return policy was one of the big issues. The store accepts online purchase return tend to operate better then those don't. Eventually I find "Shop Canada" for online shopping shipping in Canada right on Google search. It won't be easy to find if you just go to their main website. It was specific that Canada shop offer different items and only ship within Canada.

For comparison, I had visited Guess website which offer Canadian shipping but can only be return online. The reason is the online store for Canada actually operate in US therefore all shipping is from US and all item are tagged in US dollars. On top of the shipping charges, there will be tax to be added to the cost. So A/X website does offer more value and better promoting their online store.

I also like how A/X online store shows different view of the clothes you choose and also few recommendations. And I even found one item that was out of my size in the store. Currently it is also offering low delivery charge with free return to promote Internet shopping. I think it is very convenience for people who live outside of big cities.

Well, since I live in downtown and was there in person, I bought a sweater... for marketing and myself. But I still can't believe I can't find time to go shopping because of all the reading and projects. Now thanks to this project, I really need to go out and visiting more stores.

No comments: